April 30th update: FAF request will remain open for free online attendants.
The WebSci’22 organizing committee wants to help ensure broad participation in the conference and has set up a WebSci’22 Fair Access Fund (FAF) sponsored by SIGWEB and Web4Good.
The Fund offers different access to the conference depending on the needs of participants from countries designated by ACM as “economically developing” (including Chile, Panama and Uruguay):
For paper presenters, either online or onsite, registration will be at a discounted price of 100€ (instead of 350€).
- For online attendants will get free of charge registrations.
In addition, students from all over the world can be benefited for a Student Grant sponsored by the WebScience Trust:
- Students registered for the online attendance will get a free of charge registration (instead of 50€) – Limited to 20 grants.
To apply for the Fair Access Fund or Student Grants:
Submit the following by email to email@example.com:
- a short statement (1-2 paragraphs) explaining your interest in participating in the WebSci’22
- evidence of your connection to a university or research laboratory. This evidence can be a link to one or more institutional web pages, or it can be a brief letter or email from a supervisor or advising professor.
- The email might include the label [FAIRACCESS] in the subject.
Applications should be sent no later than the submission deadline,
April 30, 2022 (extended, see message above).
Discount codes will be sent upon approval to be applied to registration process.